DON'T MISS A NEW LISTING AGAIN!
FREE AUTOMATED EMAIL UPDATES
One of the quickest ways to spend less time traveling to and from your workplace is to work from home, or telecommute!
To maximize your productivity when working at home, you can set up a home office, creating a protected environment away from normal household distractions where you can concentrate on your work.
Here are some suggestions for setting up a successful home office:
* Create your office in an area away from the general household activities.
* Have enough electrical outlets to handle your computer, lights, printer, and so on.
* Make sure there is plenty of light.
* Install a phone jack for your business line.
* Get organized with filing cabinets, storage space, and bookshelves.
* Plan the space in your office to avoid tripping over electrical and phone cords.
* Include a sound system. Many experts believe that music encourages productivity.
* Keep track of all your home-related business expenses for possible tax deductions.
It's no surprise that the number of people who want to telecommute continues to grow. Earning a good salary at a good job that allows you to work from the comfort of home does seem to be an ideal situation.